Monday, December 31, 2012

One Word ~ Explore

I was recently asked what my New Year's Resolution(s) were and guess what??? I am not making any!! What I will be doing is focusing on One Word for 2013.

I was doing some blog-hopping a few months ago and came across the website OneWord365.com.
The website is based on the principal of picking one word to guide you for the New Year. It challenges you to pick a word that has personal meaning for YOU, not your neighbor, and not your BFF...YOU!
More information can be found on their lovely website.


I have been thinking of my word for a few weeks now and to be honest I have been struggling with it. Nothing was waving at me saying "Here I am.. I am your word!!". After much prayer and pondering I was sitting in traffic the other evening behind a Ford Explorer and since then I could not get the word Explore out of my mind.

This word just is not "Me" in so many ways that at first i didn't acknowledge that this was what I had been praying for. Surely God knows that I am comfy with who I am, I am not an adventurer by nature. I prefer things to be calm and unchanging for the most part. I tend to be a homebody who is happy curled up on the sofa with a good book rather than out with others most nights. Why on earth would He keep showing me the word Explore? Surely there is another word that I need to incorporate more in my life. Maybe Faith, Compassion, or Enjoy? What is so special about the word Explore??
Since I am learning to be more faithful to what He tells me and I know that He knows that I need to get out of this comfort zone in order better myself for Him, I am simply going with it. Thankfully He has given me the gracious gift of loving to learn so I am looking forward to see where this word takes me.


Here is what the dictionary says about the word Explore.
4. Obsolete . to search for; search out.
verb (used without object)
5. to engage in exploration.
------------------------------------------

Romans 12:2 says:
And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

It is time for me to be transformed and to renew my mind and through exploring I know I can accomplish this.


Here are some of the ways I will strive to put my word to use in 2013:

  • Explore my thoughts.
  • Explore my life.
  • Explore my health.
  • Explore deeper into Faith
  • Explore my marriage.   
  • Explore my family.
  • Explore my surroundings.
  • Explore everything possible for the next 365 days.
I am challenging myself to step out of my comfort zones in numerous ways this year as I no longer want to be dull or sluggish. I have no illusions that this will be an easy task but I look forward to seeing what I can Explore and I will be sharing my findings. :)

Edit to add: Check out my awesome new button made by the fabulous Melanie@OnlyaBreath.com.
Thanks Melanie~~I love it!!

Will you take the One Word 365 Day Challenge with me?  What will your word be for 2013?

5 comments:

  1. Love Explore- can't wait to see where it leads you this year.
    I also choose a word that "wasn't me".
    Having fun stopping by from the OneWord link ups!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't you love how these words come to us? Have fun exploring this year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful! You got this! My word is BE....we'll see how that works out. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Regina, LOVE your word and your post is very encouraging! My word is heart. I want a heart that mirrors God's!

    Jenifer
    jenifermetzger.org

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely to meet you....I got to "exploring" the OW365 site and clicked you today! Blessings on your coming year as you explore WITH GOD all there is to know about yourself and Him.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me *Smile*