Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Scattered No Longer

It has come to my attention that I have a bad habit of not taking off my jewelry when I go to bed. The reason I have deemed this a bad habit is because a few hours later I will wake-up with a necklace(or two) all tangled in my hair, or a scratch on my face from the bracelet I left on. When this happens I tend to untangle myself, take off said pieces of jewelry and toss them on my nightstand. The bad part, not worse than the tangles/scratches mind you, is that when my alarm goes off in the morning the jewelry gets scattered all over the place -- no fun finding it all again.

Due to this habit I have been on the lookout for something to hold my jewelry. Yes I have a jewelry box and even a necklace holder in the bathroom but for some reason I never take the pieces off when I am near them.

A few weeks ago MeganDVD @ BeautyintheAttempt posted her PB Knock-off  and it hit me -- that is what I need but a bowl!! --Thanks Girl!

Since I was on my way to town I figured I might as well stop by the Dollar Tree and see if I could find what I needed for the project. -- They DID! $2.14 later I was ready to work!

Supplies:
1 - Glass Bowl $1.00
1 - Glass Candlestick $1.00
1 - Tube of Epoxy Free(The HandyMan already had it!)


Step 1: Invert the Glass Bowl as shown
Step 2: Use Epoxy as directed to the bottom of the bowl and a-fix candlestick(also inverted -- you never know)



Step 3: Let dry overnight
Step 4: -- there is NO Step 4! How easy is that?!? A 3-Step project!!

Now you can use your new glass bowl pedestal to hold whatever it is you need. Maybe some pretty soaps by the sink, your daughters hairbows, or like me -- jewelry on the nightstand.

For now I had a slight change of plans and mine is displaying the lovely seashells my son brought me from his field trip to Jekyll Island last week :)


Later it will look like this:


What is something you have made that helped you out recently?



Check out my Party People for Linky Love!

What am I working on next?

Sneak Peek


9 comments:

  1. I love this idea! You have great humor in your posts about the no step 4...hehe. Can't wait to see what you are working on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's too cute! I already have a bunch of jewelry holders but I might make one anyway haha :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really love this. Cute! I was planning a trip to the Dollar Tree today, and adding glass candlestick and bowls to my list! Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks fabulous my dear! I think you have done a great job and maybe even did it BETTER than me. The bowl idea is perfect for all the baubles you have. Great job and thank you for the link.

    Cheers~
    e

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that! I have so many random plates and candlesticks, I can use them for this - thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great idea!! I am horrible about leaving my jewelry all over the house. I have a jewelry box, but it is overflowing. Not a pretty site. Your solution is perfect!

    Thanks for joining my Weekend Bloggy Reading party (if you could please add a link back to me or my party button, I'd really appreciate it). :) Have fun finding some new reads, and I hope you'll visit Serenity Now again soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've made pedestal things before but now with a bowl. This looks super!
    gail

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks so much for stopping by. I think I need to hit up my local dollar tree after seeing this. Thanks for sharing!

    ~Courtney~

    love2sisters.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me *Smile*