Thursday, February 24, 2011

Book Leaves - A Tutorial

During these final(I hope) days of Winter I wanted something that would bring a little life into a room. While I love plants they always seem to meet an untimely death in our house so I need something that looks nice but is already DOA.
I decided since I have an abundance of twigs here up on the Mountain and I have a multitude of books laying around I figure why not put them all to good use.

Book Leaves: How-To

Supplies:
Twigs of various lengths
An old book
Scissors
Glue


Cut out oval leaf shapes - I cut 3 different sizes.


 Apply small dab of glue to one end of a leaf


 Attach leaves to each end of the twigs.


 Put as many or as few as you would like.


Loving how this looks and can not wait to do lots more to put in a taller container!

Thanks to Heather @ twentysomething for letting me take some photos at her house :)

Now I am onto my next project which is a biggie and has some things are a whole new world for me. Needless to say I am nervous and excited at the same time!
What have you made this week?


Linking to the following parties -- go by and check out all the fabulous links!
Linking this up to the following Parties - go by and check them out!
giveaways 
HookingupwithHoH




Transformation Thursday
Show and Tell Green


Weekend Bloggy Reading

14 comments:

  1. cute & creative! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Reginia! That is SO cute!! Love it!
    I'm glad you liked the cabinets Gail did for my mom..I think they turned out adorable! I would have made them for her, but I'm homeschooling, taking care of everything here while my hubby is working and going to school full time AND we go to church like forty times a week! (ok, slight exaggeration! lol) but still! :) I'm glad Gail had the time to do them for her..she is SO sweet!
    Have a great weekend!
    Missy

    ReplyDelete
  3. love this! i can totally see myself doing this project, thanks for the great idea :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute! Now I have an idea for a garland for my desk shelf. Clever woman!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh, this is gorgeous. I am adding this to my list of things to make. I really like how easy it seems too! Nice job.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So lovely! Thanks for sharing this idea. I'm visiting from the Weekend Bloggy Reading hop. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cute project! My local Salvation Army has boxes of books outside...I might just swipe a few so I don't have to rip up my own. I love how made a cute little vignette with them. :)

    Thanks so much for joining my Weekend Bloggy Reading party. :) Have fun finding some new blog friends, and I hope you'll visit Serenity Now again soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a really cute project! I see you are a newbie blogger. I am having a newbie party over at my place and if you are interested in meeting newbies that is the place:) Hope to see you there.

    ReplyDelete
  9. DUH, you have been there before LOL! I just scrolled up and saw your pictures...my bad sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow I love these! Very creative! I'm your newest follower :) I would love for you to link up to my Ten Buck Tuesday link parties!

    ReplyDelete
  11. OhEmGee...I am in love. I am so making those tomorrow. I have the books on the ready, and a backyard full of twigs. Will take pics and post your way when I do! :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. This project is so adorable and so doable. I love it. What a lovely way to welcome spring when spring has yet to blossom. Love it.

    Cheers~
    e

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the craft project, fun and creative.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me *Smile*