Sunday, December 14, 2008

Eli has his own agenda!!

So since I am allergic to the Christmas Trees we normally cut down to decorate, this year we decided to try a different kind which was cut in North Carolina and being sold by the tree farm we have been going to lately. Well everyone was on board with this except for Eli. He was having major issues that we were changing our tradition just because "your arms get a rash when you put the lights on!!" He kept insisting he was not happy with the change but decided that in the end I wasn't going to change my mind.

A few days later Eli comes in the door with a huge branch he had found on the mountain. He took it in his room, propped it up against the wall, added some lights and then some ornaments. He quickly came to figure out that each time he walked by it or really even breathed that the branch fell over and that wasn't going to work at all.

On Saturday afternoon I went outside and saw Eli up on the mountain behind the house. I asked him what he was doing and he said "I am starting my own tradition!!" He was chopping down his own tree and was as happy as can be while doing it!


This time however he got a pot to stand it in before decorating.
All in all I think we were both very pleased with his hard work!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make me *Smile*