Sunday, November 27, 2011

Pinterest is turning me into a cook!

I totally can not stop laughing when I look at the title(If you know me then you know what I mean)

It's no secret that I am totally in LOVE with Pinterest! I mean what's not to love about a site where you can find the most awesome ideas for anything you can imagine and you can organize them so they are easy to find!

It is also no secret that I have never been much of a cook(TheHandyman totally did not marry me for my cooking). However, Pinterest is in the process of changing that thanks to the fantastic recipes I am finding there.

I wanted to share a few that I tried out on the family recently. Some in the family are extremely picky but I have been able to cook meals that each and every person has enjoyed. This makes me very happy!! 

*Click the names below the photos for the recipes/how-to
~ 1st Place ~
Chicken Squares from Plain Chicken
 Oh My Heavens this babies are YUMMYLICIOUS!! The topping of crushed croutons is the perfect balance to the soft bread and creamy chicken inside.
I added a little minced garlic and Lawry's Seasoning Salt to my chicken mixture for a little added spice.

If you have not checked our the recipes over at Plain Chicken then you need to go there now. Fabulous, Simple, and Oh-So-Good!

~ 2nd Place ~
Bacon Ranch Crock-Pot Chicken
This recipe basically fights for 1st Place in our house. When I make there it is gone in a flash. I have learned to double the recipe so that TheHandyman and I can enjoy it for leftovers the next day.
*I have also used the Spicy Ranch Mix and it is awesome as well!

When I found this recipe from Kelly's Healthified Kitchen I thought I could die on the spot. I have a major weakness for anything "alfredo" but since I am attempting to eat healthier I have been staying away from it. Now, thanks to Kelly, I can have it without feeling guilty! I may be in love with her thanks to this. hahaa


~ 3rd Place ~
Joyful Momma's Kitchen: White Chicken Enchiladas
I kept seeing this bad boy on Pinterest like 500Billion times - literally, so I figured I might as well try it and see what all the fuss was about. Well let me tell you - I totally added a Pin to bring the total 500Billionand1! It is THAT good and even better the next day after the sauce as set.

Thanks to Lexi over at Joyful Momma's Kitchen for this fabulous recipe! I can't wait to share this one with my MIL. :)

So there you have it. My families top 3 recipes(so far) found on Pinterest.
Yes, I am aware they are all chicken and yes we do eat things besides chicken.
In fact here are a few things I will be trying out soon and I will let you know how they turn out :)


Thanks for stopping by today. I am attempting to get back to posting more as I have been majorly slack the past few months. Also if you have any fave recipes I would love for you to share them with me. 

Stay Sweet :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make me *Smile*