Disclaimer: I am not Irish, I do not have any St. Patrick's Day decor in my house, I am not wearing green and I don't even like the color Green if I am being honest. While I do not celebrate St.Patrick's Day I do dream of going to Ireland one day(it's on my yet-to-be-written-down Bucket List) and so I thought I would let y'all take a peek of the place I dream of. -- I mean today is a major Irish Holiday in case you were not aware!
Behold the Beauty
|Best Roof EVER!|
|Why yes ma'am, I would love to move in today and renovate for you(using your funds) ;)|
|I have my book and blanket ready to relax stream-side!|
|Leave me here among all the colors and history -- swing by on the way home and get me!|
|I do love old graveyards|
|Toss in a castle and it is even better!!|
These photos and more can be viewed at Budget Travels 26 Stunning Photos of Ireland - I have to agree, they are stunning for sure!
While I was checking out the photos I also learned a few things that I didn't know about Ireland.
1. It Is an Offense to Be Drunk in Public (though rarely enforced as long as you are not bothering anyone LOL)
2. Only 2 Members of U2 Were Born in Ireland - Hey, they are still an Irish band to me *grin*
3. A Hospital in Belfast Is a World Leader in Kneecap Reconstruction -it seems "Shooting people in the kneecaps was a favored way for Republican and loyalist paramilitaries to control their own neighborhoods" -- OMH!!
4. More Guinness Is Sold in Nigeria Than in Ireland - This one makes me laugh for some weird reason.
- Hope these made you smile as they did me.
If you celebrate St. Patrick's Day I wish you a happy day filled with lots of Luck and Laughter(and green beer if that's your thing.) If you don't -- tomorrow is Friday so you can celebrate the weekend! :) :) :)
Is there a Holiday that it seems everyone you know celebrates but you just don't get it or really even care about it? I am curious!