Thursday, October 2, 2008

Pumpkins, Pumpkins, Pumpkins.....

It is that time of year again --FALL!
And what comes with Fall? Halloween and Pumpkins!

I admit I have always loved this time of year. The changing leaves, the crisp cool air, mountain festivals, caramel apples..if it has to do with Fall--I love it!

One thing I especially have fun looking at this time of year is Pumpkins.
It amazes me how some people can take a funny looking squash and make it into a work of art. We have fun going to the pumpkin patch, picking out the Perfect One, then coming home and carving them.

I recently came across some stunning examples of how creative people can be using pumpkins. The ones below are some that just caught-my-eye. With the exception of the 1st one, they are all painted. There will be a post to come on carvings but I had to show the one below as it is my FAVORITE and I am so doing one like it this year!!
--------------------------
The 1st two are from CountryLiving.Com

I just love how classy these look(it cracks me up to say pumpkins are classy :) )



This one is from Storybookwoods.com ! Go check it out!


These next few painted ones are from Better Homes & Gardens.
I admit I like some of these too!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make me *Smile*