This was my first ever attempt at making brittle and I am not sure what the "normal" way is but this way is the bomb and I have no problem making some a few times a week. Yep it is THAT Easy!
Cinnamon Pecan Brittle
- 36 Servings
- Prep: 20 min. + cooling
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon Spice Island® Pure Vanilla Extract
- Butter a baking sheet; set aside. In a 2-qt. microwave-safe bowl, combine sugar and corn syrup. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 3 minutes; stir. Cook, uncovered, on high 2-1/2 minutes longer. Stir in the pecans, butter and cinnamon.
- Microwave, uncovered, on high for 2 minutes longer or until mixture turns a light amber color (mixture will be very hot).
- Quickly stir in baking soda and vanilla until light and foamy. Immediately pour onto prepared pan; spread with a metal spatula. - It's good to have help with this part as it is HOT!
- Cool; break into pieces.