Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Homemade Goodies #1

Every Christmas I tell myself that I am going to bake more goodies but then the time flies by and the New Year rolls around without me even getting out my rolling pin. This year I am changing history and I can say that honestly as I have already made 3 batches of this yummy treat!

This was my first ever attempt at making brittle and I am not sure what the "normal" way is but this way is the bomb and I have no problem making some a few times a week. Yep it is THAT Easy!


Cinnamon Pecan Brittle
  • 36 Servings
  • Prep: 20 min. + cooling

Ingredients

  • 1 cup sugar
  • 1/2 cup light corn syrup
  • 1 cup chopped pecans
  • 1 teaspoon butter
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1 teaspoon Spice Island® Pure Vanilla Extract

Directions

  • Butter a baking sheet; set aside. In a 2-qt. microwave-safe bowl, combine sugar and corn syrup. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 3 minutes; stir. Cook, uncovered, on high 2-1/2 minutes longer. Stir in the pecans, butter and cinnamon.
  • Microwave, uncovered, on high for 2 minutes longer or until mixture turns a light amber color (mixture will be very hot).
  • Quickly stir in baking soda and vanilla until light and foamy. Immediately pour onto prepared pan; spread with a metal spatula. - It's good to have help with this part as it is HOT!
  • Cool; break into pieces. 
 Yield: 3/4 pound.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make me *Smile*